Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hijab to Toe


Am I following my understanding of hijab as best as I can?

There are so many different opinions about what hijab is and what it is not. Some Muslim women only wear black, some Muslim women cover their faces, some Muslim women wear specific regional styles of clothing and some Muslim women mix it all together. Whatever you choose to wear, as a Muslimah, you are responsible for finding out what people expects of you...(but you have to do your own research). Ask Allah for guidance and then follow what you understand hijab to be to the best of your ability. As long as your intentions and actions are good, Allah will be pleased with you, insyallah...


The Winter Garden trend is of the Top Fashion Trends of 2008. I love this trend because it’s all about femininity....flowers, paisley and rich embellishments on a darker, wintery color palette...


Every girly-girl needs a little lace in her wardrobe; and while there are plenty of lacy clothes in stores, many of them look too much like lingerie to be worn outdoors.

For hijab wearing women, I found this metallic lace dress that has lining and a structured shape...and paired the dress with a matching hijab, dark jeans and a brown cardigan and pumps. Add an armful of bangles to create the perfect look for a night out.


I have found something that is modest and looks good to wear :)

Am I trying to make someone jealous or envious of me by wearing this?

We’ve all heard of the phrase "dress to impress".. but some women take this concept too far. It’s one thing to make sure that you look good for, perhaps, a job interview. (You don’t want to show up in tattered, old jeans do you?) But, it’s another thing to be completely arrogant in what you wear.

If you’re the type of ladies who dresses up just to go to the grocery store (I’m guilty of this and actually, I recommend it!:).. you probably don’t dress that way out of arrogance. For me, it’s about how we feel about myself. When we dress up, we feel confident, presentable and pretty - Allah loves beauty and there’s nothing wrong with feeling it!

Dress to make yourself feel good and be careful not to be a Show-Off.