Thursday, July 9, 2009

Muslimah "Malay" Style.. (2)

I'm 30 years old and I’m a secretary from Malaysia.


My Style
I design most of my tunics myself, but that's design only, not sewing - I've yet to learn that insyallah!

I love to wear simple, chic and casual outfits; they have to be practical for my daily routine – at the office and with my family. Well, you can understand how hard it is to control your look when you have a 2 year toddler with you! But I always try to look my best at all times.

All tunics in these photos are designed by me, using a printed cotton material which I bought in several fabric boutiques in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Whenever I come across a nice beautiful and colorful fabric, I won't think twice... I'll just grab it! Most of it is in pink, since that is my favourite colour. I usually match my tunics with my favourite blue jeans, or colored linen or Lycra slacks, depending on the occasion.

The bottom left picture is me with my new found favourite dress. It’s a summer dress made from lycra material, which I bought online at lovelylolitas.com. I wear it with a long sleeve cotton t-shirt in black. For hijab, I love to wear the ‘easy to wear hijabs’ which I bought in several boutiques in Kuala Lumpur, and some of them are from my own collection which I sell at my own business blog – YusVogue Collections.

And of course, other than my favourite Neverfull Damier MM handbag, and black wedges as the accessories, I also wear it with my pride and joy son – Mikhael Affendi.

Top Tip
My number 1 tip is to be confident in whatever you do and wear of course! Because if you are confident, whatever you wear will look good on you, at all times.