Thursday, July 9, 2009

Muslimah "Malay" Style.. (1)

I'm Nurfarahin, a 21 year old girl from Malaysia studying for a Bachelor of Nursing at university.


My Style
For Malays, we wear our traditional costume (baju kurung, baju kebaya) which is suitable for wearing with hijab. I love to wear it with a shawl, heels and a small hand bag if going to any special occasions.

When I'm going to class I usually wear simple, comfortable clothes. I'll try to add bangles or bracelets to make the look more funky and trendy. Sometimes, I like to look a little more retro, so I'll wear a blouse or t-shirt with a polka dot shawl and white glasses.

Even though I love orange, I try not wear only that colour. I'll try to mix it with other colours so that it won't look too bright!

For me, you don't have to be another person or try to be someone else. You have to be confident with yourself, and up-to-date with the latest fashion nowadays, as long as it will not change your faith in Islam.

I hope that I can be an inspiration for all Muslimahs insyallah.

Top Tips
Be brave when trying new styles; don't be afraid to use bright colours like orange and yellow, just combine them with other complimentary colours!