Thursday, July 9, 2009

Muslimah "Malay" Style.. (3)

My name is Rushdina, I'm 27 years old and from Malaysia. I am an architect, but also do some modelling part time.


My Style
As an architect, I'm under a lot of time constraints. So I need to wear something simple, yet elegant! I will always go with trousers, even if I am wearing a short dress. This kind of outfit will always allow me to move quickly and easily at work.

Out of office hours and during weekends, I usually choose to wear a white shirt and jeans, which I'll match with my sport shoes or wedges. I would love to wear high heels, and I have no choice in wearing 5" high heels during runway shows. But believe me, heels will sometimes kill you and are terrible for your body posture. So, wedges are the best for me!

As for accessories...this is the best part! (Do handbags count?) I love to match my handbag to my outfit, and I love to wear necklaces and bangles too.

For my career as an architect, black will always be elegant. But I'd rather choose warmer colours for myself because they suit my skin tone. Remember - do not be afraid of wearing colour, but learn to choose the right color for your skin tone.

To be honest: I love to collect all the outfits into my e-wardrobe folder.

Top Tips
As for me, there are two things:

1- Don't be afraid to mix and match
2- Don't be afraid of colour, but learn how to manipulate it

Style yourself and prove yourself; even Muslimahs dare to be styled!